As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Corporate Practice, David Hoeppner represents clients in all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a focus on representing buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions and commercial agreements, including on behalf of private equity funds, venture capital funds and their portfolio companies. David also advises on general corporate and corporate governance matters.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Hofstra University, MBA, Finance, 2013
- McGill University, B.A., Political Science; Economics, 2005
- New York
- New Jersey
Key Cases or Transactions
- Represented a Cayman Islands Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) in a share exchange valued at $204 million, pursuant to which it acquired a China-based direct lending company.
- Represented broker-dealer in a $7 million PIPE offering of stock in NYSE-listed medical device company in which broker-dealer received a 6% commission and warrants to purchase up to 6% of the securities sold in the transaction.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed biotech company in a $75 million debt financing.
- Represented a publicly-traded retailer in a joint venture with a Brazilian distributor in which retailer established and supplied a manufacturing facility to be run by the Brazilian distributor.
- Provided general counsel services to portfolio companies of software-focused venture capital fund and incubator including over $80 million of 3rd party venture capital funding.
- Represented a publicly-traded retailer in joint venture with UK-based consumer products company in which retailer would supply goods for UK-based stores to be run by the UK-based entity.
- Represented an education software company in its $60 million stock sale to an education services portfolio company of large NY-based private equity firm involving stock, cash and earn-out consideration.
- Represented a privately-held UK-based mobile telecommunications company in a $10 million reverse merger with a corporation quoted on the OTCQB.
- Represented a healthcare services company in its $50 million asset sale to a healthcare services portfolio company of a large private equity firm involving stock, cash and earn-out consideration.
- Represented an issuer in a $7 million private offering of limited liability company interests in which proceeds were used to acquire real estate for development.
- Represented a publicly-traded retailer in acquisition of consumer goods manufacturer.
- Represented managing shareholder in $4.2 million buyout of minority shareholders in specialty foods distribution company.
- Represented debt services company in $8.5 million buyout of minority partner.
- Represented a national medical device company in strategic acquisition by private equity fund.