As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Corporate Practice, Maria DeGiovanni handles matters relating to all aspects of corporate law and finance matters.
Maria represents a variety of corporate clients in acquisitions and lending transactions, including secured, unsecured and split-lien transactions. She has also been named to U.S. News Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” list for 2023.
Before joining Gould & Ratner, Maria was a corporate associate at a large Chicago law firm.
- Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., English Writing and History, magna cum laude, 2014
Key Cases or Transactions
- Represented an aerospace company in a refinancing of its senior, senior-subordinated and junior-subordinated debt.
- Represented a Chicago-based investment firm focused on early stage venture capital investments in several series seed and series A investments, including one for a personalized fitness and health coaching app.
- Represented bank lender in an amendment to an existing credit facility.
- Represented note holder in a secured note purchase transaction.
- Represented bank lender in real estate construction financings.
- Represented a Chicago-based digital healthcare agency in its sale to a global commercialization partner for the life sciences industry.