As a member of Gould & Ratner's real estate practice, Marisa Ornstein focuses her practice on complex commercial leasing and financing transactions, as well as the purchase and sale of various commercial properties. She has served a variety of clients, ranging from owners of large downtown and suburban commercial office buildings to national and regional chain retailers. Examples of her experience include:
- Drafting and negotiating large commercial leases, lease amendments, subordination non-disturbance agreements, surrender agreements and consent to sublease agreements
- Representing real estate lenders on mortgage and mezzanine loans ranging from $30 million to $630 million, including drafting and reviewing loan documents such as mortgages, promissory notes and cash management
- Drafting and negotiating documents for property acquisitions, financing and leasing transactions
- Performing due diligence, including lease review, review of zoning reports, and review and negotiation of title and survey in connection with purchase and financing transactions
Before joining Gould & Ratner, Marisa worked as a real estate lawyer in New York for an international law firm, later moving to Chicago to work for a sophisticated mid-sized Chicago-based firm.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2004
- Emory University, B.A., Psychology and Political Science, 2000