As a member of Gould & Ratner's Corporate Practice, Matt Goldfarb counsels emerging companies, venture capital, private equity and middle-market businesses across multiple industries in a variety of sophisticated corporate transactions, including, formation, private equity and venture capital financings, debt and equity offerings, complex commercial arrangements and mergers and acquisitions, as well as providing outside general counsel services.
Before joining Gould & Ratner, Matt was an associate in the Chicago office of a large international law firm, advising companies in a wide variety of industries on corporate and transactional matters while also focusing on providing healthcare regulatory guidance. Previous to that, he worked in the general counsel’s office of a large healthcare system in Illinois.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Tulane University, B.S., Psychology , 2008
American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- America-Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
Key Cases or Transactions
- Represented packaging manufacturing company in strategic purchase for over $50 million.
- Represented a private equity backed company in sale of assets of a business services consulting firm division for $10 million.
- Represented a private equity investment fund in sale of propane distribution company for $100 million.
- Represented an industry leading global trailer manufacturer in selling its aftermarket parts business to a national aftermarket parts supplier.
- Represented a real estate investment fund with its formation and private offering of up to $50 million of preferred equity in the manufactured housing space.
- Represented a software development company in angel and series capital raises and provided general counsel services.
- Represented a venture backed investment fund in angel and series round investments in various sports technology companies.
- Represented a venture backed investment fund in angel and series round investments in various healthcare technology companies.
- Represented a food products distribution company with respect to its strategic investment in the cannabis space.
- Represented a family office in its investment in a battery technology company.
- Represented a sports technology company in its angel, seed and equity financings and provide general counsel services.
- Represented software development companies in the licensing of their software to third parties.
- Provide day-to-day general counsel services for companies, including, without limitation drafting and negotiations of significant commercial contracts, equity issuances, corporate governance, website terms and conditions, employment related issues, in each case, ranging across the United States from start-up to $900 million and in industries including manufacturing, distribution, food, service, healthcare, software and technology.
- Represented an international drug development company in the divestiture of its international subsidiaries.
- Represented an ESOP owned lighting company in the sale of its stock.
- Developed and negotiated necessary form agreements to operationalize the business for start-up technology companies.