WEBINAR: Chicago Deep Dish: Story Behind the Old Post Office
Gould & Ratner sponsored, and our own Rich Reizen, chair of Gould & Ratner’s construction Practice, moderated a Bisnow webinar on the transformation of the Old Chicago Post Office on June 25. The summary of the webinar was as follows:
- The Old Post Office wasn't even safe to enter when construction began. What were the largest obstacles in getting the project off the ground?
- This wasn't the first time that someone tried to rehab the Old Post Office. What were the key differences that made this time around a success?
- Due to the coronavirus, Uber has suffered massive losses financially causing large scale layoffs worldwide. Is there any worry that Uber won't take the 350k SF space they signed for?
- Has this pandemic changed plans for the concert venue or food hall?
- Why have repurposed buildings become so popular in Chicago? Is it cheaper than ground up construction?
Visit here if you would like to view the webinar recording on-demand.