The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently released an alert advising employers on safety tips to help protect manufacturing workers from exposure to COVID-19. OSHA advises employers to implement the following:
- Practice sensible social distancing and maintain six feet between coworkers where possible;
- Establish flexible working hours, including staggering shifts, if possible;
- Train workers on how to properly put on, use, wear, take-off, and maintain protective clothing and equipment;
- Allow workers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of the virus;
- Monitor public health communications about COVID-19 recommendations for the workplace and ensure workers have access to and understand the information offered;
- Promote personal hygiene. This can include providing soap and water for handwashing, providing alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol, and providing disinfectants and disposable towels workers can use to clean surfaces; and
- Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.