As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Corporate Practice, Rebecca Smart focuses her practice on corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions of businesses in a variety of sizes and industries. In addition to her corporate practice, Rebecca also works with the tax group on M&A transaction tax matters.
After earning her J.D. from DePaul University School of Law, Rebecca worked at a large public accounting firm where she took part in the structuring, reporting and tax planning of mid to large scale M&A transactions for private equity groups and closely held businesses. In addition, Rebecca completed two externships with the Internal Revenue Service Chief Counsel’s Office.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Loyola University Chicago, B.B.A., Finance, 2014
- Hellenic Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Gould & Ratner Represented Ichthus Capital in Non-Dilutive Financing with Saebo, November 11, 2022
- Gould & Ratner Represented JJD Management in the Acquisition of Metaltec, October 20, 2022
- Gould & Ratner Represented Ichthus Capital Partners in Closing of Inaugural Private Credit Fund, July 7, 2022
- Gould & Ratner Represented CC Industries in the Acquisition of Central Indiana Ethanol, December 22, 2021
- Gould & Ratner Represented Selig Group in the Acquisition of Manufacture Générale de Joints, December 7, 2021
- Corporate Practice Adds Two New Lawyers, July 26, 2021