As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Litigation Practice, Alison Constantine represents clients in a wide range of commercial disputes. Her experience includes handling allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, business divorces, breach of contract, and commercial lease disputes, among other commercial matters. Additionally, Alison assists clients with tax controversy matters and trusts and estates disputes.
Alison has been named an Illinois Rising Star in business litigation by SuperLaywers Magazine for 2021 and 2022. Alison is an active member in the Chicago Chapter of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law and is currently serving as the Co-Chair of its Community Outreach Committee. Alison graduated cum laude from Loyola University Chicago School of Law, where she earned a Certificate in Tax Law and served as a Senior Editor on the Loyola Consumer Law Review.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., English and Political Science, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law
– Co-Chair of the Community Outreach Committee
Key Cases or Transactions
- Successfully defended trustee in litigation filed by a trust beneficiary relating to breach of fiduciary duty and accounting claims by obtaining dismissal of case with prejudice and an award of sanctions in client’s favor.
- Successfully obtained TRO and negotiated favorable resolution relating to improperly assessed tax penalties on behalf of former commercial building owners in litigation against Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Represented LLC manager and outside party against a 10 count direct and derivative complaint filed by a member of the LLC relating to breaches of fiduciary duties and duty to act fairly and in good faith. Successfully received dismissal of all but one count brought against clients and negotiated a favorable settlement on the sole remaining count.
- Represented manager of various LLCs in litigation against LLCs for breach of asset management agreements, breaches of fiduciary duties, and fraud. Successfully obtained advancement of client’s attorneys’ fees from the LLCs and negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of the client.
- Represented a commercial building owner in a dispute with a tenant related to alleged construction defects. Successfully negotiated a settlement with the tenant, general contractors and subcontractors.